Mariposa CYC Chapter
NOTE: This page is currently under construction and will be up and running soon!!!
“California Youth Connection(CYC) is a youth led organization that develops leaders who empower each other and their communities to transform the foster care system through legislative and policy change.”
Pictures from our 2012 CYC Summer Policy & Leadership Conference:
CYC is a California State wide community that is a catalyst for justice and social change in more then just the foster system but in our own community of Mariposa as well. The Mariposa Chapter consists of 8 members who have taken on this initiative. The local issues that these young people have chosen to address are:
- Public awareness & support
- Getting CASA’s or mentors for probation youth & crossover youth(youth that go from foster care to being on probation).
The 4 topics that our statewide California Youth Connection have chosen to advocate for in January of 2013 in the lobbying initiative of See You at the Capitol are:
- Social worker/attorney workload issues- average foster case load for attorneys is an average of 273 which far exceeds the case load standard of 188
- Foster parent accountability
- Better LGBTQQ(Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Queer, & Questioning) placement matches
- Mentoring programs for foster youth
Here is a video summary of what took place at 2011 Day @ the Capitol(CYC D@C):
Have you heard of AB12?! You need to, it is a huge CYC success and accomplishment. For questions, concerns, and knowing how to support Assembly Bill 12 click here.